What, Me? Slacker?
Oct. 20th, 2005 02:12 amHow cool is Eric Idle? He apparently wrote this after being fined by the FCC. (The song will start playing once the page is loaded.)
I have been so very unproductive for the past week or so. Not that I haven't accomplished anything at all, just not nearly as much as I should. Somehow, finding Hugh Laurie's narration of Great Expectations on iTunes seems so much more interesting than working on my mini-magazine for Scribendi. For more procrastination fun, finding the same thing on the horribly difficult-to-navigate audible.com in order to listen to a ten-minute sample instead of the paltry 1:30 iTunes sample. But things have not come to such a pass yet.
This weekend is the last one in the run of two different shows: The Greatest Story Ever Told and The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged). I'd thought about going to the former tomorrow evening, but I might actually give it a miss. It depends on how much thesis work I get done. And how much I do for Scribendi. (Speaking of, I'm supposedly meeting with committee people tomorrow. I've yet to hear a confirmation on this. We'd better; we have things to have finished by next Tuesday. And I wish we'd had more time for it, but that really belongs in my forthcoming Postcard from Scribendi Hell.) But, I definitely want to catch Complete Works.
Time for me to be off to sleep so that I can get up and do some actual work before class. I'll leave off with this
I have been so very unproductive for the past week or so. Not that I haven't accomplished anything at all, just not nearly as much as I should. Somehow, finding Hugh Laurie's narration of Great Expectations on iTunes seems so much more interesting than working on my mini-magazine for Scribendi. For more procrastination fun, finding the same thing on the horribly difficult-to-navigate audible.com in order to listen to a ten-minute sample instead of the paltry 1:30 iTunes sample. But things have not come to such a pass yet.
This weekend is the last one in the run of two different shows: The Greatest Story Ever Told and The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged). I'd thought about going to the former tomorrow evening, but I might actually give it a miss. It depends on how much thesis work I get done. And how much I do for Scribendi. (Speaking of, I'm supposedly meeting with committee people tomorrow. I've yet to hear a confirmation on this. We'd better; we have things to have finished by next Tuesday. And I wish we'd had more time for it, but that really belongs in my forthcoming Postcard from Scribendi Hell.) But, I definitely want to catch Complete Works.
Time for me to be off to sleep so that I can get up and do some actual work before class. I'll leave off with this
You fit in with: Atheism Your ideals mostly resemble those of an Atheist. You have very little faith and you are very focused on intellectual endeavors. You value objective proof over intuition or subjective thoughts. You enjoy talking about ideas and tend to have a lot of in depth conversations with people. 40% scientific. 100% reason-oriented. |
||||
|
||||
Take this quiz at QuizGalaxy.com |

no subject
Date: 2005-10-20 07:33 pm (UTC)Who knew?